What is home health care?
For those who are in need of supportive services in their home, Care Management of the Palm Beaches partners with select professional home care agencies to make sure you have the best match possible. Home health companies carry a wide range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is usually less costly, more convenient, and just as effective as care received in a hospital or skilled nursing facility except you are comfortably in your home.
The goal of a home health care aide is to help keep your independence, dignity and stay as self-sufficient as possible.
Examples of what your home health aide will do include:
- The home health aide will accompany you to doctors’ appointments.
- Maintain safety in your home.
- Help you understand your care so you are educated.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with you, your Care Manager and anyone else who provides care for you.
- Ensure you are comfortable and not in pain.
- Check that you’re taking your prescriptions and any treatments correctly.
- Meal preparation.
- Activities of daily living.